• To provide our most important resource - our people - with meaningful work and to respect their need for balance by providing opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
• To lead a revolution in supply chain efficiency as the first company to provide our customers with resources that turn their supply chain into a competitive advantage.
Software Developer & Support
Position Summary: The Software Developer and Support role will be responsible for day-to-day software development of various Windows and Web applications. In addition to development, this role also involves providing customer support for our software products. Essential Functions: - Design, develop and test windows and web-based applications according to requirements and specifications - Work with project managers, analysts, senior developers and users to define system scope and objectives - Fix software bugs in existing applications - Perform unit testing and support functional analysis - Support the installation of software components in the test and production environments - Update user manuals and standard operating procedure documents - Answer customer support calls and follow-up on support tickets - Support and maintenance of existing systems. Salary $42K-$55K
Software Tester NOC 2283
Company: Portable Intelligence Inc.
Business Information: By focusing on the 4 pillars of effective warehouse management — Data, Processes, Resources & People — we're changing how manufacturers and warehouses operate their businesses.
Portable Intelligence Inc. is looking to hire a Software Tester responsible for day-to-day testing Warehouse Management and Labor Tracking System developed by Portable Intelligence.
Business Address: 6 Shields Court, Suite 205 Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 4S1
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Develop and document software testing plans,
· Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing,
· Execute and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests,
· Develop and implement software and information system testing policies and procedures
· Perform warehouse management software testing
· Write test cases and test scripts for applications developed by Portable Intelligence
· Create test plan document for testing the product under test
· Procure or create test data that is required for testing the application
· Set up the test beds (Software, network, environment, hardware) before starting the test
· Assist in creating automation test scripts for telnet application
· Test the software releases by executing all the test cases defined
· Report defects in JIRA Bug tracking tool
· Have a complete track on the reported bugs and communicate with the developers to make sure the bug reported is fixed
· Retest the application software once the bugs are fixed and close it if it gives the expected results or reopen the bug if the issue exists
· Perform regression testing after every fix in the software
· Update the test cases developed based on the changes in the software
· Provide inputs to the software development team to improve the process of testing
· Update User manual documents and SOP’s of all the products of Portable Intelligence
· Keep updated on the overview of the development technology, defect tracking tools, automation testing tools and the overview of business domain
· Work on basic structure using business intelligence tool to track the reports for sales, operations and finance of the company
Education: Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is required
· Minimum 3-years of experience in software testing
· Must be a team player
· Be creative in problem solving and product feature analysis
· Ability to learn new technologies and update skills for current industry
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Required Technology & Knowledge:
· High Proficiency knowledge in Warehouse Management System
· Experience in testing ERP Integration Systems
· Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and word required
· Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, and management skills
· User Acceptance Testing experience
Beneficial (asset) Technology & Knowledge:
· Automation Testing in Telnet Application
· Familiarity with Oracle and SQL Database
· Basic knowledge in Agile Methodology
· Project Management Knowledge
· Familiarity in any Business Intelligence tools
Operating Systems required:
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 knowledge preferred
Mac OS, Unix (Asset)
Software knowledge (required):
JIRA Bug Tracking Tool
Automation testing tools
Familiarity in any Business Intelligence Tools
Project management Tools
Basic Knowledge in HTML5
Salary: $26.44 -$28.00 Hourly, 30 Hours per week. Monday to Friday 10 AM- 5 PM with 60 minutes lunch break.
Benefits: We provide Extended Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Disability.
Apply by E-mail: Mang@PtIntel.com
Apply by mail: 6 Shields Court, Suite 205 Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 4S1
AODA Statement of Commitment (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)
Portable Intelligence is committed to building a culture without any barriers and providing an accessible environment in which all individuals, including people with disabilities, have access to the services and programs Pi offers in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Pi is committed to meeting the requirements of existing legislation related to the identification, removal and prevention of barriers to people with disabilities.
Pi supports the objectives of the AODA and has established policies, practices and procedures which are consistent with the accessibility standards established under the AODA.
Documents detailing our policies and procedures related to AODA are available to our employees, customers, contractors, vendors and visitors who request them. Please contact us if you require these documents or if they are required in a format to accommodate a disability.