2016 will go down as a year of surprises and change. Yet lost in the many headlines is the emergence of the new industrial revolution: Industry 4.0 and the continued double digit growth of online ordering and supply chain excellence as its principal enabler.
For Pi, it was a great year. Here are my top highlights and what’s in store for 2017.
· New Releases - RF Plus V6.1 and TM Plus V2.41
· Attendance at Infor’s customer conference: Inforum, NY
· Attendance at Synergy’s customer conference in Mississauga, ON
· Joining the steering committee of Visual Manufacturers Canadian User Group
· Becoming the Director of Education for the Material Handling Society of Ontario
· Product roadmaps for 2017 and 2018 – a comprehensive plan ensuring our solutions continue to provide value to our customers
· Go Lives at key customer sites: Bio Botanica, Pharmasol, Ardisam, CP Supply, Stemcell
· Opening our Spin Studio and new employee wellness program
· 24 Spin of Hope Raising $2,800 for a cancer cure
· Substantial investment in R&D representing close to 30% of sales
· Launch of our Industry 4.0 solutions (see what’s in store below)
What’s in Store for 2017
1. New Pick module using location based services and augmented reality
2. New demo facility featuring game changing Industry 4.0 technologies for the supply chain
3. HTML5 web based screens for RF Plus
4. TM Plus standalone version
5. Merging TM Plus with RF Plus to create a unified control center with visibility and scheduling of purchase orders, work orders, and customer orders.
6. New enhanced features for RF Plus including WIP Tracking, picture capture, and document display
7. Attendance at Visual Connect user conference in Kentucky
8. Release of new Customer Portal
I’m sure come this time next year I’ll likely be adding few more items to this list. As the late great Ted Rogers said: “The best is yet to come”.
Happy Holidays and Only the Best in 2017!
- Jeff Lem
President - Portable Intelligence Inc.